An honest little update from a girl who is definitely does NOT have it all figured out.
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how weird it is to grow up.
There's these strange expectations that at some point, you're supposed to suddenly know exactly who you are , what you want in life, where you're going , and how you're going to get there. As if one morning you're going to wake up and think " Oh. Perfect. I have a five -year plan"
Well... I don't
And honestly? Im starting to realize that it is perfectly fine.
Right now, I'm somehow somewhere between knowing exactly what I want and having no idea on what I'm doing. I have plans. I have dreams. I have things that I'm excited about . But I also have the questions probably more that I have answers to.
Im figuring out what kind of person I want to become in the future.
Im figuring out which friendships are meant to grow with me and which ones I'm meant to grow out of.
Im figuring out what I actually want instead of what I should want,
Im figuring out how to stop comparing my life to everyone else's.
Because sometimes it feels like everyone is moving at full speed while I'm just stuck standing the same spot watching everyone else get somewhere. But maybe I'm not standing there just watching. Maybe I'm just taking a different route.
Maybe becoming yourself takes a little longer than we expect.
And maybe growing up isn't about suddenly having all of the answers, But maybe it's about being brave enough to admit that you don't have them just yet.
There are things about my future that still scare me. There are things that I'm still excited about. There are things I'm completely unsure about. And there are parts of myself that I'm still trying to get to know.
But for the first time in a while, I don't feel the need to rush the process.
I can change my mind.
I can outgrow things.
I can start over.
I can figure it out as I go.
I can be a work in progress and still be proud of who I am at the moment.
So currently,
Im figuring it out.
Not perfectly because nothing is perfect. Not gracefully. Sometimes with a little drama.
But I'm still figuring it out .
And maybe that's just enough right now.
So, what are you currently trying to figure out about yourself?
Until next time, XOXO DIVA
No comments:
Post a Comment