Every girl has their version of Mr. Big. Not necessarily the same kind of man, but the one person who somehow manages to become a recurring character in the story of your life.
For me, there's a person who feels a little like my own Mr. Big. He's the kind of person that can disappear for a while and still find his way back into my life and thoughts. There's something about him that I just can't completely explain. Maybe it's our chemistry. Or our history. Maybe it's the simple fact that some people leave an impression on you that doesn't disappear just because the time is passing.
My Mr. Big isn't perfect. And that might be part of the problem. There are moments when I wonder if I like him or if I like the story I've built around him. There's something exciting about not knowing exactly where we stand, but there's also something exhausting about it. Sometimes the uncertainty feels romantic until you realize you're the one left trying to figure out what everything means.
And maybe this is what makes someone a " Mr. Big" it isn't necessarily that they're the love of your life. Its simply because there the person who makes you question what love is supposed to be like. They are the one who challenges your expectations , test your patience, and becomes a reference point for every person that is to come after them.
But I'm starting to wonder if every story needs their own Mr. Big to have the happy ending they want.
Maybe sometimes the lesson isn't about getting the person you've been waiting on. Maybe it's realizing that you deserve someone that won't leave you constantly wondering where you stand.
So , yes, I have a Mr. Big. And maybe he'll always be a small chapter in my story or maybe he'll surprise me and become something more.
But for now , I'm learning that being unforgettable and being right for mean are two different things with two different meanings.
Maybe the real question isn't, " Who is my Mr. Big?" but " Why did I ever think that love had to feel like a big question mark?"
Until Next Time, XOXO DIVA
No comments:
Post a Comment