Sunday, July 19, 2026

The Art Of Waiting For Your Life To Start

 I often catch myself saying "I'll be happy when...." and suddenly i realized how many chapters of my life have started with those four words. 

I'll be happy when i get a job

When i move

When i graduate 

When i have more money

When i finally become the person I'm trying to be.  

It's funny how easily we turn our lives into waiting rooms.

We convince ourselves that the real story begins after every milestone, every relationship, every paycheck, or just the next version of ourselves. As if today is just the rough draft we'll eventually just throw away. 

But what if this is the story?

What if the awkward conversations, ordinary afternoons, late-nights, overthinking, and tiny victories are the pages I'll miss someday? 

Maybe we're all so busy chasing the life we imagined that we forgot to notice the one we're already living. 

I always thought life would arrive with a dramatic entrance, fireworks, a soundtrack, and a moment when everything would finally make sense. Instead, it seems to arrive quietly. On phone calls, in grocery stores, during morning coffee, and on random Sundays that don't feel important until years later.  

Maybe happiness isn't hiding behind the next achievements. 

Maybe it's been leaving being little clues all along. 

And if that's true, then maybe the best parts of life aren't the moments we've all been waiting for. 

Maybe it's the ones we've been walking past. 

And I couldn't help but wonder.....

Are we waiting for our lives to begin or did we just forget to notice that the already have? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

The Art Of Being Seen